The Shredder is a Heavy weapon in Gotham City Impostors. It shoots several low-damage projectiles at a rapid rate of fire, making it ideal for hitting fast moving targets as well as being quite deadly at mid- and close range. Due to the Shredder being classified as a Heavy weapon, it inflicts a movement speed penalty to any body type except for Burly and Mighty when it is active.
The Shredder has a very fast rate of fire, making it ideal for hitting fast moving targets like Speedies and Nimbles (especially if Roller Skates or Grappling hooks are involved). The Shredder's ideal usage range is mid to short range, at extreme close range it becomes too cumbersome to use and at longer ranges it will not have enough accuracy to be effective. To counteract this problem and to maximize accuracy, aim down sights when firing.
The Shredder deals 20 damage for a normal hit and 40 damage for a headshot. The Shredder has a very high ammo reserve, possessing a magazine size of 60 by default and 360 ammo in reserve, giving it a total supply of 420 rounds. This is the highest ammo reserve in the game but it is counteracted by the Shredder's relatively low damage.
|Rate of Fire||10|
Homemade, rapid-fire weapon that shoots half inch steel bearing balls. Its weight impairs movement for lighter body types.
Feats of ProwessEdit
- Shredder Pro
- Shredder Headshot Pro
- Shredder B.O. Sniffer Pro
- Shredder Extended Magazines Pro
- Shredder Muzzle Break Pro
- Shredder Penetrator Pro
- Shredder Red Dot Sight Pro
- Shredder Reflex Sight Pro
- Shredder Master
- Iron Sights - Default configuration has no specific advantages or disadvantages.
- Reflex Sight - Improves accuracy slightly and zooms in more while aiming.
- Red Dot Sight - Zooms in much tighter and increases accuracy while aimed and slightly improves weapon range.
- Body Odor Sniffer - Intermittently reveals positions of nearby enemies as wavy yellow "stink clouds".
- Penetrator Ammo - These high velocity rounds ignore Body Armor and can penetrate thin walls to hit targets on the other side.
- Extended Magazines - Increases ammo magazine capacity at the expense of reload speed.
- Muzzle Break - Increases your overall accuracy even while moving and firing, but slightly reduces damage.